Sunday, May 2, 2010

PROFILE

He has the wonderful gift from God - his music, his voice ! He has the intensity to explode - on stage! He has the power that rushes your adrenaline - through the various numbers he delivers. He is the versatile singer of the day - Rupankar. Rupankar Bagchi.


"Music flows in my blood", Rupankar reminisces " From my childhood, I learnt classical vocal from my father Sj. Ritendra Nath Bagchi and at the same time, Rabindra Sangeet from my mother Smt. Sumitra Bagchi." "Soon I was ready for formal training from my Guru Sj. Sukumar Mitra in Classical Music and from Sj. Jatileswar Mukhopadhyay in Modern Songs ." " My first stage performance was at the age of eleven, with my mother beside me." And thus the journey began through the rough water.


Today he is in the limelight - all over the media. It is like a voyage through the ocean of music which has engulfed his days and nights. Now the music studio is his home - the musicians are his family members. To meet the rising demand, he needs to record every hour - for albums, title music of serials or films, advertising jingles. During the nights he is on the move from one town to another to perform on-stage for his innumerable fans. At times he is even at TV Channel studios - either for performance or for anchoring. Today Rupankar is the heart-throb of the young and loved by all.

Updates:
Sung with Shreya Ghosal in Shyam Bengal film - "Well Done Abba".
Music composed by Shantanu Moitra.
download the song here
(Right click on the link and click "save target as")

0 comments:

Post a Comment